MORE FROM THE DESK OF DOCTOR B. D. SEPTIVE
The Self-Helpiest of all Self-Help Gurus
Before you can expect to know and understand yourself you will have to understand others. That means tuning in to all their quirks, contradictions, and personality disorders. One of the best and fastest ways to do this is through the study of body language. The language of the body is something we are all subjected to each and every day. But how many of us are truly able hear what is being said? The following examples will help you to realize that understanding others is how you will understand yourself.
1. Sitting with arms crossed means he's feeling defensive.
2. Sitting with legs crossed means she's feeling comfortable.
3. Sitting with eyes crossed means his mother was right about his face getting stuck that way.
4. Chewing on his pencil means he did not have a good breakfast.
5. Standing on a corner twirling a sign means she lacks job search skills.
6. Biting her fingernails at the office means she has no sense of decorum.
7. Biting his toenails at the office means he has no sense of smell.
8. Wearing a fedora to bed means he wishes he was Indiana Jones.
9. Wearing a raincoat to bed means she likes to sleep with the windows open.
10. Wearing Batman pajamas to bed means he's under the age of seven.
11. Wearing Batman pajamas in the barracks means he will get beat up.
12. Taking pictures of himself in the shower means he's Brett Favre.
13. Taking pictures of himself in the barracks shower means he will get beat up.
14. Wearing cowboy boots in the shower means she has a fungus phobia.
15. Dressing up a rubber chicken, naming it Sophie, and taking pictures of the two of them together in the shower means he's a member of Congress.
NEXT TIME: Who am I? Why am I here? What difference does it make?